Elevate Hawaii Management does business in accordance with the Federal, State and Local Fair Housing laws and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Disability, Religious Creed, Ancestry, Sex, Familial Status, Sexual Preference, Gender Identity, Age and National Origin. Each application requires that we verify credit history, leasing history, income, and criminal reports.
- Applicants MUST be adults over the age of 18. All adults in the household must complete our electronic tenant application, individually.
- If you decide to rent one of our listed properties, in addition to monthly rent, a security deposit equal to one month’s rent may be charged to tenants prior to tenancy.
- In the event you enter into a lease agreement and change your mind prior to taking possession of the rental property, you shall forfeit all deposit funds as liquidated damages. In addition, you may be held responsible to the additional terms of the lease you signed.
- If for any reason you are not approved for a rental property, the $50 application processing fee is non-refundable so please ensure you are able to qualify before you apply.
- With an exception for minor children, current occupancy standards are a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom.
- When individual tenant applicants complete the application and pay the application processing fee they are authorizing Elevate Hawaii Management to conduct a background investigation consisting of but not limited to the following areas:
- Review of your credit report and your credit score,
- Review of public records for past evictions,
- Verification of your current employment,
- Verification your previous landlord reference(s),
- Run and review a criminal background check,
- Review local county civil and criminal public records,
- Compare applicant names vs. entries in the sex offender databases.
If you cannot provide positive references, have a debt to income ratio that shows you cannot afford to pay rent from your documented income (pay stubs, bank records, or tax returns), have no work history or an unstable work history, been evicted in the past, have a criminal record, or any occupant is listed in the sex offender database, you may not qualify for a rental at this time.
- All applicants should view the exterior & interior of the rental or have a trusted friend or relative(s) view the rental prior to occupancy because all rentals must be accepted “AS-IS” before the application process is complete.
Resident Selection Criteria
Below please review our minimum residential qualification criteria.
- Minimum Credit Score – Applicants with combined gross income meeting the income requirements of the specific property they wish to rent must all also have a minimum credit score of 620. (No credit is considered a ZERO score). If your credit does not meet the minimum threshold we may be unable to rent to you.
- Income – Applicants must have a combined documentable gross income of 2 times the monthly rental payment. Acceptable forms of documentation are your work pay stubs (1 months worth) or your personal bank account statements for the previous 2 months. If proof of gross household income of 2 times the monthly rental payment can not be provided, we may be unable to qualify you.
- Applicants must all have at least 3 years of verifiable rental history and previous landlord references.
- Applicants must not have an outstanding balance with a previous landlord.
- Applicants must not have a rental eviction on their record.
- We happily accept pets into many of our rental properties. Except for fish, one pet may be permitted with the following considerations:
- We do not accept animals over 30 lbs into our rental properties.
- Birds are prohibited in all of our rental properties.
- Some rental units will not accept pets for any reason. If a pet is approved, an additional security deposit equal to one month's rent may apply along with an increase in the base rental rate.
- Mainly due to homeowner insurance restrictions we maintain a list of K9 breeds which are not acceptable under any circumstances even if they are under the 30 lb weight limit. Please speak to a property manager about your specific pet(s). We reserve the right to deny any pet at any time for any reason both prior to a lease and during a lease should the pet become a nuisance. At the sole discretion of our individual property managers, K9s are screened and K9s resembling in appearance the following K9 breeds will not be accepted under any circumstances: GERMAN SHEPHERDS, DOBERMANS, PIT BULLS, CHOWS, OR ROTTWEILLERS.
Please note: Prior to tenant approval, if you are bringing a pet, we ask all tenant candidates to register their pet with PetScreening.com using our referral link. Using our referral link will automatically share your pets profile with us. PetScreening.com is a simple and secure way to manage and share important information about your Pet or Assistance Animal. There is a nominal cost to register your pet with PetScreening.com unless you have a bona-fide assistance animal in your household. There is no charge ($0) for submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an Assistance Animal. Your request will be reviewed by the PetScreening.com legal review team per the FHAct guidelines. Please be aware of laws and local ordinances, if any, for criminal offenses and/or penalties for committing assistance animal fraud.
Smoking100% of our rental units are smoke free. Smoking is never allowed inside our rental units. Smoking inside a rental unit is cause for immediate termination of a lease and tenants who have a lease terminated for smoking will forfeit all security deposits.
Our Residents are required to carry Renters Insurance. Please note that while landlords may carry property insurance protecting the "property" from certain perils, tenant belongings and possessions are not covered and tenants are not beneficiaries of Landlord insurance products. Additionally, tenants are responsible to Landlord for all costs of repair for damages due to tenant negligence as stated in the Lease regardless of existing Landlord insurance. It is important to think ahead and insure yourself against the unexpected.